Friday 11 September 2009

Action 31: Turn off the tap whilst brushing your teeth

The great thing about these actions is that they're so varied. Some of them are amazing things to say you've done, like giving blood, which is something I am hopefully going to do over the next few weeks. Although I have to cover my eyes during Casualty whenever a needle appears so I have no idea how I'm going to cope. Some of them are interesting - I enjoyed emailing the Disney Store. But it involved Disney so of course I would. Some of the actions though are, well, they're pretty boring, but simple. And they do actually change the world.

This is one of the simple, boring ones. And this is something I've always done becuase it's just common sense to me. But apparently most people don't do it. If you leave our tap running whilst brushing you teeth, well thats up to 9 litres of water your literally pouring down the sink every minute. Thats over 4 times the amount of water you should drink a day. In fact, if yougot a plumber in and kind of diverted your pipes, and next door's pipes and the whole street's pipes, you could have yourself an olympic size swimming pool in 12 months time. It's such a waste - not just a watse of water that people don't have elsewhere but a waste of money.

So next time you brush your teeth, picture that olympic sized swimming pool at the end of your street, and then you'll realise actually you don't want one on your street because it will be too big. Unless you're super rich and live on a big wide street. In which case you maybe won't want the pool becuase you've already got a perfectly nice one in your back garden. So either way you should turn the tap off.

No comments:

Post a Comment