Monday 28 September 2009

Action 17: Try watching less TV

i actually don't watch that much TV. As long as I can watch Ugly Betty, The Choir, The X Factor, Grease: The School Musical, Sonny With A Chance, Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, JONAS ... OK so maybe I do watch more mindless Disney shows than I really need to. Well more accurately I do. we all have guilty pleasures though. Anyway, I still think I don't watch so much television. The problem is more being on the computer for too long but that will be dealt with in another action.

TV is good. It helps us relax and I genuinely thinks it can help us get through tough times in our life, which might explain why I was the only person in the country who enjoyed Britannia High. But when you sit down and flick through the channels because there's 'nothing else to do' or when you start planning your day around This Morning and Loose Women (I'll owe up to that one too) maybe it's time to switch off and preferably not turn on the computer instead.


As I go off to uni I will have to watch less TV, seeing as I won't have a TV license. I'll miss Sonny and Selema and all my Disney Channel favourites but I'll get over it, I'll find other tasks to do, like write essays. If that doesn't appeal to you why don't you go for a walk in the park. Or join a choir. Bake a cake. Do some colouring in. Write a letter of complaint. Write a letter of thanks. Read a book. Write a book. Go see a play. Have a kickabout. Go to the pub.

There's so much that can be done in the world. Turn off and turn away otherwise you might miss what else is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment