Tuesday 4 August 2009

Action 76: Use one of these email signatures

I've been using my email signature for a few months now. It's from Ghandi - 'Be the change you want to see in the world.' It's a great little quote - it makes people just stop and think for a few seconds. Well I hope that's what it does, because I want an email signature that does that. And since I started using it on my emails, the Leigh Times commented about how I was 'living my motto'. Not that I can take credit for saying it, but I guess I was happy that they thought it isn't just a meaningless automated line at the bottom of my emails, it means something to me.

And that's what it should be - not a random phrase you heard once, but a quote or a saying that's stuck with you. One line that will be a three-second thinker for your contacts. And that can look pretty in different colours and fonts and the like. The We Are What We Do website has a few suggestions, and links to websites advising you how to set up a signature, which I had to follow because I had no idea how to do one.

No comments:

Post a Comment