Tuesday 11 August 2009

Action 60: Remember people's names

I have a weird memory. I guess everyone does. I can usually remember what days of the week things happened on. Even if I can't really remember the event all that well, I can remember the day. And I remember the unimportant things, how I felt at the points leading up to the heart-stopping moments of ym life then I actually do about those moments. I vaguely remember going to Walt Disney World when I was 3. I met roger rabbit and I've seen the photo to prove it. Except in my memory, I ran past these two big grass lawns and the rest of the scene was completey deserted and I gave him this massive hug. It took me a few years to realise maybe that was somethingI stole from the souvenir video.

I do try and remember as much as I can, especially when it comes to people. It's bad when you're standing around, avoiding talking to someone directly because you know you can't remember their name, which has happened to me, alot. And then when they've left I have to turn to the person next to me and ask what their name is. And that way I can be that bit friendlier, not make that person feel unimpressionable coz I didn't know there name. and you can smile at them next time you see them. When they're down the aisles at Tesco helping their mother with the shopping and playing the 'Bet I'll see more people I know then you do' game, you'll help them win. Well that's how I feel, although I don't actually know anyone else who plays that game.

I always hate it when people forget things I tell them as well. Even if I told it to you 18 months ago. In which case perhaps I should rename this entry 'Remember people's names and everything Joey says to you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment