Saturday 1 August 2009

Action 33: Recycle your books

When I was younger I used to have so many books in my bedroom. And I guess it was how I passed the time. There wasn't any Sky or any internet or Wiis in my house. Just books, or a piano I couldn't play terribly well. So books were the best option. I have this great pop-up book about some crazy guy and all the mice he has that was given to me at my Christening. And I had this set of little Kingfisher encyclopedia books I got from Mum and Dad one birthday. Best of all though was my complete set of Mr. Men books. They still have to be my all time favourite series of books I guess. I loved them so much that I even got given a brand new perfect set one birthday not so long ago.

So I didn't need my well loved copies anymore, I didn't need the Kingfisher encyclopedia, I didn't need dozens of other books anymore. So some of the more educational ones went to my little cousins. And some of the others went to charity shops. And the Mr Men books went to a new baby. And it makes me really happy knowing that little boy is going to get the same love out of those crazy people that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment