Monday 27 July 2015

I like you more than a thumbs up

Dear Friend

I am proud of you. 

Sometimes I let my jealousy blind me from that fact. Most of the time I only say it with a thumbs up. But a like on Facebook can never capture my joy and gratitude like words do. So here's what I want to say.



Yes! You've graduated! I am incredibly proud of what you've achieved and how you persevered through the self-doubt.  And you look awesome in a gown, please wear one everyday.

Congratulations on your new job! They picked the perfect candidate. Your new colleagues must make room in the office for the oodles of joy coming their way.

Please send me the recipe for that cake. Or make it again just for me. It looks incredible, how did you do it?

The words of your blog went straight to my soul. Just one suggestion, put 'warning: may cause goosebumps and tears' at the start.

You are a great parent. The utterly sacrificial love for your family is humbling and inspiring.

Your smile is beautiful. It's contagious, now I'm smiling.

Thank you for being honest. I feel the same and it's empowering to know I'm not alone.

I wish I had been there to see the show! Your talent and creativity is ridiculous. Thank you for sharing that passion with everyone.

You're engaged! Congratulations! What Disney song do you want me to sing at the reception?

I am so happy for you. You are winning at life because you're waking up everyday. I love being your friend and am so grateful for the encouragement and kindness you show me without even realising. I'm already excited for next time I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment