Friday 24 July 2009

Change the World

I got a bit emotional this week. Although I get emotinal most weeks. But I was emotional this week because it was my last day at work, and I was getting all reflective and thinking, what difference have I actually made, who will remember me yadda yadda - I didn't want to leave Westcliff as if I had never been there. I know I don't udnerstand life one bit but I know that it's not about leaving everything exactly as it was once you're gone.

The good thing is on my last day I realised I had made some difference, some positive difference. someone called me a role model and I was, I still am, so honoured by it. And then the more I think about it, the more I realise it's not just an honour but it's a responsilbity as well. If someone's going to look up to me well then I should make sure they've got something good to look up to, which reminds me I really should shave soon. As in like now.

Anyway, I bought this book a few months ago, called Change the World for a Fiver, and it has 50 differet actions to do. Little actions we can all do to make the world a better place, to make us all something good to look up to. And although I've done a few of them (and the ones in the two sequels) there's no way I've done all 130 in the series. So that's what i'm going to do, one action a day = a lot of good 4 months down the line. And me tracking my progres son here = alot of people getting bored and thinking oh dear, why is Joe doing this, is anyone actually reading it. But also maybe I can inspire others to go and do little actions to change our world.

See I think the world is a pretty good place, it will only take little actions, little thoughts, little considerations to make it a brilliant place. Or, we could just turn it into Walt Disney Globe. But even I might get a bit bored of that. So we'll stay with the original idea then.

http://www.wearewhatwedo.org publish Change the World for a Fiver. Their website lists all 130 actions across their 3 books, and lets you sign up and keep track of your progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment